COVID-19 At-Home Instruction
While the information below is not an exhaustive list of efforts or all of the information that will be forthcoming as the pandemic situation evolves, we want to share the following as a starting point as we work to get through these challenging times:
● Traditional In-Person Learning on Campus: School Start Date ~ August 10
● Virtual At-Home Learning (Asynchronous): School Start Date ~ August 10
*Parents/Guardians who would like the virtual at-home instruction option due to health and safety concerns will need to email the following administrators no later than Monday, July 27 with the following information: Student Name, Grade, current phone number.
Campus administration will personally reply and contact parents with additional information.
General Virtual At-Home learning Information:
● Edgenuity (grades 6-12), Google Classroom (grades 3-5) and Seesaw (grades Pre-K-2 ) platforms will be utilized
● White Oak ISD teachers will oversee this instructional process
● TEA requires daily student attendance and participation
● Rigor will be at the level of In-School instruction
● Grading process will be the same as In-School instruction
● Internet connection is required. If this is a significant issue, please indicate within your email.
● We ask that parents commit to a 9 weeks grading period if they ultimately choose this option
● Technology support will be handled through each campus office. Contact them with device or log in concerns.
More detailed information for At-Home learning can be found through the campus links to the right.