White Oak Independent School District
The White Oak Independent School District, through a total team effort, provides a safe environment with relevant challenging, diverse educational opportunities, laying the foundation for success.
All White Oak Independent School District students will be responsible, life-long learners who realize their potential to become successful, collaborative citizens.
Use this Google Map as a guide to see if you currently reside in White Oak ISD or if the housing you are considering is within White Oak ISD’s boundaries. Please call the school district or tax office to verify as well. This map is just a guide.
We Believe That:
- There is good in everyone and all people have value.
- Education adds value to life.
- Education is the passageway to a life of boundless potential.
- All children can and want to learn and achieve unless they are told they can’t (by our actions, words, or reward system).
- Every child can learn when diverse teaching methods are used.
- Learning is social in nature requiring active involvement in planning, doing, and reviewing.
- All children have the right to feel safe.
- All children must be provided with a pleasant, positive environment.
- All students should be prepared for the workplace.
- Adults who influence children are accountable for offering the best examples of hard work and honesty.
- WE MUST SUCCEED!
“White Oak Independent School District is to be a leader in public education by providing the best opportunities for students to achieve academic and personal excellence.”
White Oak City is a community just west of Longview, Texas, and serves 5,624 residents and over 1,400 students.
The White Oak Independent School District is proud of its rich tradition and commitment to excellence in all educational endeavors. The numerous accomplishments are directly attributed to the community’s demand for quality education and to the sound decision making and planning of the White Oak Board of Trustees and the WOISD staff during changing times.
Established in 1885, White Oak ISD encompasses 15.7 square miles in the heart of the east Texas oil field. Continued improvements and commitments to the finest educational and physical facilities have been characteristic of the White Oak school system throughout its history.
White Oak ISD is fully accredited by the Texas Education Agency and provides a quality education for students in pre-kindergarten through grade twelve. The district strives to provide a variety of educational opportunities and involvement for the entire community.
Of the 1,391 students who attend the four schools located on one campus, 87.7% are white, 2.9% are African American, .9% are Native American, 6.3% are Hispanic, and .1% are Asian or Pacific Islander.
Professional Teaching Staff 100
Advanced Degree – 28%
Bachelor’s Degree – 72%
Administrators/non-teaching professionals 8
Food Service 15
Primary Grades PPCD – 2: 371
Intermediate Grades 3 – 5: 319
Middle Grades 6 – 8: 341
High School Grades 9 – 12: 404
TOTAL ENROLLMENT 1,432